Its that time of the year again. Our favorite time of the year to be exact! Although we don’t often get a snowy white Christmas here in beautiful San Diego we all do love a great Holiday Party here and there. Here is a small list of a few helpful tips during this holiday season.
1. LED Lights=Saving energy and money. When decorating your home or tree with lights think about using LED instead of Incandescent Bulbs. It will save you money and will also reduce the risk of fire since LED bulbs are much cooler.
2. Paying attention to your food portions. We all have over-indulged here and there but the holidays are the #1 time to do it. Here is a helpful link that we found to help keep that extra holiday weight off.
3. Packing for you Holiday travel can always be stressful. One way to make sure that you get through security faster is not having wrapped gifts with you. Think about sending those prior in the mail. This way you won’t have to unwrap those beautiful gifts. Here is a link from TSA to help.
4. Manage your stress. Planning for a big event or traveling with your small children can take a toll on our mental health. One thing to think about is managing your personal time, work time and family time. Everyone wants to enjoy this time of the year so make sure to take a little “me time” when needed.
5. Get out and Be Active. Take a walk with your family or maybe even try a nice hike close by. Here in San Diego we have some of the most scenic hiking trails and most of them are easily accessible. Moving around and getting those endorphins running will give you more energy!