During this time of the year here in San Diego we usually see a decline of new homes being listed on the market and a lot of homes that are even taken off the market during the special season. It is completely understandable that most people have family in town are traveling and want to be able to decorate. What most people don’t know is that actually putting your home on the market during the holiday season puts the seller in a great position. Here are some reasons why placing your home on the market during the holidays will get your home sold.
1. The type of buyers who are going to be looking at your home during the holiday’s are serious buyers. Since these serious buyers have fewer homes to look at during the holiday’s it puts you in a great position, think about it, less competition and more money in your pocket.
2. During the holiday’s buyers tend to also become more emotional over homes and become more vested in a property than any other time of the year. Seeing the decor brings back childhood memories and could cause a buyer to act faster when seeing a home that sparks the holiday “holly”.
3. During this time buyers are able to spend more time looking at homes and are more willing to see homes during the weekday.
4. Homes show better when they are decorated for the Holidays. Also if you want to make sure that you enjoy those decorations in your house over the prime holiday days, you can restrict or delay showings. Giving you those loving moments with Aunt Ethel.
5. January always follows December and a lot of people buy homes at the end of the year for tax purposes. If there are not a lot of homes for them to choose from yours will be it and you will be able to hold onto a more competitive price.
I hope that this helps if you are thinking about selling here in San Diego during the holidays.